Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nightmare Academy by Dean Lorey






This book is not for the faint of heart. It gets scary at times and is very suspenseful. "Nightmare Academy" deals with nightmares and how the monsters under your bed are REALLY there. The Boogeyman does exist, and he's NOT a nice guy!

At the Nightmare Academy, they teach especially gifted people how to hunt these bad guys down and put them in their places, which is called The Nether. Charlie Benjamin is one of the most powerful students at the academy, and he must learn how to control his powers.

Violet and Theodore are his best friends and are two completely different people. All three of them together have to fight off evil, huge people...big monsters of evil.

I liked this book because there's suspense, action, and some scary moments, and at times I wanted to throw this book out the window. When I finally finished it, I felt like this was one of the greatest books I've ever read.

I recommend this book for ages 14 and up, because it is kind of scary. I give "Nightmare Academy" a four out of five.

See you in the funny pages!

Book Kid

No comments: