Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Beyond the Deep Woods: Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I love fantasy books and this one is good. But if you do not like sad stories, you might want to skip this one.

It gets better, but there's a lot of sad stuff in it.

This book is about a boy named Twig. He thinks he's a wood troll, but he finds out he's really not. He doesn't know who or what he really is.

He "accidentally" strays from the path that's safe, and wanders off into The Deep Woods, where he meets some new friends, encounters some hidden dangers, and comes face to face with some REALLY. BAD. GOBLINS.

At the end, he meets...oh, never mind! You don't really want me to tell, do you??

"The Deep Woods" has some scary scenes, if you want to call them that. I prefer to call them intense. But for little children, they might be too scary. I recommend this series for age 10 and up (my mom even likes these books!).

I give "The Deep Woods" four out of five bookmarks. Watch for my review of book #2 coming soon!

See you in the funny pages!

Book Kid

2 comments:

Gina said...

I have a son who is nearly 14 and he loves to read. He also likes Wii and manga!

Anyway he's having a tough time finding books for his age that are appropriate and interesting. I look forward to sharing your reviews with him.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this review! This is one that I will definitely refer to my daughter! I am not a fantasy reader, but she adores it. =)